El 02/03/12 21:34, Ed Leafe escribió:
> On Mar 2, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> Exactly. This is not VFP so it will require a different set of glasses:)  In
>> Dabo
>> you can work with multiple DataSets, just in a different manner. More detail
>> see:
>>
>> http://wiki.dabodev.com/DataSet
>>
>> Just substitute DataSet for TempTable.
>       The difference, of course, is that with Dabo datasets, the processing
> is done locally. He wants to have this done on the server.

Exactly!
Sometimes the intermediate results are too big to be sending them back
to the calling program.

>       What about creating temporary tables in the server that persist for
> more than one query? From your notation, it looks like you're using MS SQL
> Server. Temporary tables continue to exist for the life of the connection, so
> you could simply create the tables in one call, grab the data after the first
> query, and then grab the data into another cursor from the second query, etc.

Yes, I could work with that. Not the best solution as I would have to
analyse the query and split it accordingly before sending it to the
dbms. But I could think of some schema that works.
The use case is that the app will take a query previously written by a
programmer and generate report spread sheets as a result. So to define a
report all you have to do is define a query and the name of the output
spread sheet. This of course is included in a bigger app.