On 11/25/13 9:00 AM, Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
> El 25/11/13 11:20, Paul McNett escribió:

>>> That doesn't sound possible. The expansion properties apply to the entire
>>> column
>>> or row, not to individual cells.
>> I've found hierarchical box sizers to be more useful for things like this.
>> In this
>> case you'd have an outer vertical sizer, a horizontal sizer for each row, and
>> vertical sizers for each cell. For the last cell, do the
>> sizer.append1x(edtBox), but
>> for the first two, just do sizer.append(ctrl). For the horizontal row sizer,
>> do
>> sizer.append1x().
>>

> Thanks, yes I've tried that.
> But how do you align the columns in this design? I mean, the first column
> would be
> labels of different sizes. Do you find out a maximum width and then set all
> the
> widths to that value? But then what happens with internationalization, or
> different
> font sizes across platforms? I mean, it seems that then you would be loosing
> the
> flexibility of sizers. Or is there some other smart way to deal with this I
> haven't
> thought about?

When you change the caption of the label, if you've never set the width of the
label
explicitly, the label knows how wide it needs to be to display itself
horizontally.
The next time the sizer asks, it communicates this, and the sizer takes that
into
account when laying itself out.

That said, I've found that with labels particularly, this doesn't always work,
but I
think it is at a lower-level than Dabo where it fails, and never looked very
hard for
an answer.

Paul

Paul