I'm not leaving Django. I have had great success with Django. I see no reason to leave Django. Django works with almost anything I've come across - that includes Angular, React, etc.. BTW check out 'vue'.

I am moving to Electron for desktop applications - only. Don't get me wrong Dabo is more than functional. It's just that Dabo's UI is based on wxPython and wxPython is preventing Dabo from moving forward and the use of python 3.x. Python 2.7.x is fine but most folks are moving forward to 3.x. Also wxPython (even Phoenix) is not adding any bells and whistles where as CSS is allowing so many in the web world.

Honestly, I'm not to sure about Electron's future. It is using Chrome and I know that is not going away anytime soon. But I have to be concerned that Google might drop support due to lack of general interest in desktop apps. I was at first concerned with the size of an Electron app. But I realized that as I added pages the size did not change much. Performance is good if not better than Dabo on the desktop. So there is a lot to like.

As far as NodeJS - well I like the fact that it is well supported by the community - but so is Django. I don't believe NodeJS's asynchronous I/O is faster than Django when comes to serving data - at least not for small websites. So I wouldn't leave Django for NodeJS.

Johnf