Hi,

I had written the reference implementation for SMIMA experimental draft. So far
that one works very will. I know, one very important discussion was about the
local part, which became SHA256/trunc at the moment.

I am also interested about the other path doing the lookup over a pointer to
server variant.

If I remember correctly, someone posted a draft for such a mechanism. Something
similar to:

_smime.whatever.domain.tld. IN FOO ...https://some.lookup.server.for.smime

Even the same for OpenPGP

I can't remember much more. And even did not find things in my mail archive.
So: Are there plans on working on such a draft? Especially the protocol for the
https-server? I am very much interested in implementing a proof-of-concept in
the current milter that uses SMIMEA already. So developing such a draft could
go hand in hand with theory and practice.

Kind regards

Christian