On 2005-10-21, Mark Stosberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just tried a "pull" with darcs 1.0.3, and it failed it some way
> that produced a ton of patch data dumped to the screen. (So much in fact
> that I couldn't scroll back to see what the actual error was).
>
> I switched to a 1.0.4rc2 binary, and it completed the pull without an
> error. However, Several files had duplicate lines them, effectively
> corrupting the result.
>
> Thankfully, I was able to unpull back to my pre-launch tag. ( Actually,
> I could only unpull with 1.0.4rc2, the 1.0.3 binary complained it
> couldn't apply the inverse patch. )
>
> I have saved copies of the two repos just before the pull, and could
> possibly share that with developers.
>
> I just wanted to give you a heads-up as a new release is planned
> soon, and am also curious if there are initial guesses what would cause
> the duplicate line issue.
>
> As a workaround, I'm going to try re-recording several of the patches
> into one larger patch, and see if that helps.

Just for some closure on this: It was later discovered we had corrupted
our repo with an overreaching find and replace.

David Roundy did the analysis, and later patched darcs so it
would detected this corruption promptly, instead of later, which is what
happened above.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/