Yes I managed to find winbase.h and it declares SleepEx (and so the
compilation stage works). From the link error, it would seem that I'm
missing the library that defines SleepEx (kernel32.lib according to
MSDN), but this file exists in both MinGW and GHC's lib directories.
The only thing I can think of is that perhaps it needs to be renamed
to libkernel32.lib, which I'll try on Monday.

Thanks for your reply (and for the most natural VCS I've ever used!)

cheers,
Rob