Just adding some history here.

> We do not further document what "debu g" does, and it has a confusingly
> similar name to me.
>
> I would argue that "darcs -vv" or greater should automatically invoke
> "--debug".

I had submitted a set of patches, some of which set up the -v -v
infrastructure, and others which use it to display more information.
One of the patches needed some work -- potential memory leak -- which
I never got to.  So I suspect that only the infrastructure patches
made it in and not the actual verbosity.  On the other hand, I notice
that David has added some extra verbosity.  He has also simplified the
-v -v approach to a single --debug flag, as Mark points out... which
probably makes sense from a keep-it-simple perspective.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.