David Roundy wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:26:09PM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
>> I just updated my darcs2 to try out the new ByteString changes and see if I
>> could reproduce Erik's results, and I'm seeing a bit regression in the
>> performance of unpull:
>
> I'll try to take a look at this tomorrow... I've spent my darcs time for
> the day working out zooko's performance regression.  Who knows, maybe I've
> fixed yours?  :)

I just updated and tried again, and now pull has regressed too, by an order
of magnitude :-(

You should be able to reproduce this pretty easily with a darcs2 ghc
repository.  I get no progress messages at all from pull for quite a while,
and the 400-patch pull now takes over 100s where it previously took 10.
Unpull is also taking about 100s on this machine, where previously it took 15.

This happens to be with --disable-bytestring, if that matters (probably
not, I guess).

Cheers,
        Simon