Sorry if this is old news, but has this been posted to darcs-devel yet?

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/DarcsEvaluation

It's a good outline of how darcs needs to improve.  I take issue with
some of its statements, though:

"We can't use Trac's darcs integration or darcsweb, for example,
because both rely on invoking darcs changes <file>."

This is wrong, because trac-darcs caches the results of the calls to
"darcs changes" and "darcs annotate", so only the first one (or
perhaps only the first one since the file was last changed?) incurs
the full time penalty.

Anyway, it works well enough for my codebase -- http://allmydata.org .

Has this been tried for ghc, with the current trac-darcs plugin?

"bugs: we run into darcs bugs other than the conflict/merging bug on
a regular basis."

This is true, but I think things are improving, in large part due to
Mark Stosberg's careful tending of the issue tracker and due to the
renewed emphasis on tests, including the new buildbot:

http://darcs.net:8008/

"Uncertain future: no critical mass of hackers/maintainers. The
technical basis is not well enough understood by enough people."

This is, of course, a prognostication or value judgment, but I
disagree with it.  It was more true before the recent renewed
interest in hacking on darcs-2.

Regards,

Zooko