On 3/7/16 10:19 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
On 07/03/2016 22:57, Evan Laforge wrote:
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <gan...@earth.li> wrote:

gone through a bunch of patches I'm not going to suddenly realize
"wait except #64".  Too much bother to try to find it.  I'm going to
record, edit the file normally, and then amend.  Once the number of
hunks gets high, it's a lot easier to just go edit the files rather
than navigate the hunk selector.  Part of that is that hunk selection
state is one of the few fragile and non-undoable things.

More sophisticated interactive selection is definitely interesting in
general. One thing I'd like to see is a graphical interface (e.g.
integrated with darcsden). A nicely done interface could make it easy to
record multiple patches and revert some hunks simultaneously, which is
often something I find myself wanting when doing a big record.

If you're willing to use Emacs, don't forget darcsum, which is an emacs-based UI making hunk selection much more pleasant (our equivalent to magit).