hi,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:51 PM, Michael Born <michael.b...@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> Dear devs.
>
> A while ago it was written on this list that branch 1.6.x and master
> (soon 2.0) create different xmp sidecar files. So, switching between
> both versions was not recommended.
>
> Is this still the case?
> Will dt from master read/understand my old xmp files?

yes, it will absolutely. we try our best to never mess with your edits
and make old pictures look exactly like they did. it's the other way
around that will cause problems: going from master/2.0 back to an old
version will obviously include features in the xmp that the old
version does not yet understand.

cheers,
 jo