Le dimanche 25 octobre 2015 à 23:17 +1100, David Houlder a écrit :
> I suspect that most devices these days can render sRGB from a JPEG
> pretty accurately, especially since the majority of devices now have
> good built-in screens and not many options for screwing up the colour
> rendition. Even if the accuracy isn't spectacular, I would expect it
> be normally distributed around sRGB instead of being consistently
> brighter. Am I wrong about this?

Yes. That's not only about brigtness but the rendering of colors. Most
LCD is not all have a strong blue color-cast. This is because the blue
is looking brighter with more contrast and this please the consumers :)

So until this is correct we really want to calibrate screens. The
exception are the high end screens which are factory calibrated. Those
have indeed pretty accurate color rendering.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B