Hello Colin,

> Also is http://www.darktable.org/2013/10/about-basecurves/ still up-
> to-date wrt. darktable 2.0? If so, I could have a go at generating
> one for the D810 (Nikon-like seems OK, but maybe a specific one would
> look even better?)

Yes it looks better for me. I did the D800 basecure (and denoise
profile).

For the basecurve, you can edit:

src/iop/basecurve.c

Duplicate the D800 code and change D800 to D810. You'll be able to
tests it. But this basecure is often quite model specific and could not
be that ok, but D810 is maybe very close to D800.

Let us know.

There is also tutorials to do a proper base curve, not difficult. See:

http://www.darktable.org/2013/10/about-basecurves/

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B