Hello Pedro,

On Wed, 18 May 2016 18:50:35 +1000, Pedro Côrte-Real <pe...@pedrocr.net> wrote:

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:13 AM, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
So that part is more or less sorted at this end, but it does suggest that
the profiling script 'gen-profile' isn't working correctly with the K-1
sample images, i.e. it is collecting the wrong maker and model strings.

The script just guesses what name we want to use. In this case it
seems to have guessed correctly the pattern we have been using lately.
To make it match you need something like this in cameras.xml:

<Camera make="RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD." model="PENTAX K1" mode="dng">
  <ID make="Pentax" model="K1">PENTAX K1</ID>
</Camera>

OK, you understand this much better than I, but from what I have seen in the exif and my manual edits to the presets file that work, I would guess it may need to be more like...

<Camera make="RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD." model="PENTAX K-1">
                <ID make="Pentax" model="K-1">Pentax K-1</ID>

but I'm only guessing how the 'gen-profile' script uses this info. I'm not sure if the 'mode="dng" ' is appropriate as the raw files may be dng or pef.

Hopefully, someone can update 'cameras.xml' so the K-1 is properly supported and we don't continue to have the problems I have come across.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
--
Regards,