J-L.C.> Is there something wrong as I don't SEE anything wrong

P.O.> Same here. I don't see anything wrong.

Encouraged by your answers just installed current version of Darktable - and
what I can say, is... guys, I honestly can't believe you didn't see this:

 https://www.sendspace.com/file/uem3t6

Compare, please, the Darktable's output to the one yielded by Silkypix DS 4:

 https://www.sendspace.com/file/yr51s0

You don't see the difference?

If now you do - that's what I was asking about. It's not just "a bit of
chromatic noise which can be removed using the noise profile module" - it's
exactly a problem described by those guys in linked "reddit" threads. Whether
Silkypix is removing this by its better decoding routines - or with some
denoising tool - I don't know; anyway this is how it should look like without
applying denoising. Black should remain black - if not 100% black, then as
shade of grey, but surely without magenta "sand" on it.

So it seems Darktable has the same flaw in its Canon-RAW processing module,
as most other software.
--
regards,
Zbigniew