Zbigniew,

> Anyway, I'm aware it's rather a matter of personal taste, but I'm
> convinced
> that after you examine both pictures again - and even more closely -
> you'll
> agree that this Silkypix-made is a little bit better. The one you
> generated
> shows the surface of car body as covered with a little scratches
> (zoom to 1:1 and compare).

That's luminance noise and certainly not a problem to me. If you print
the picture it will be far better with a bit of luminance noise as it
create "matter" on the surface. It avoids long, flat surface. I usually
never correct luminance noise or if I do I'm doing it very slightly.

> So you mean presently fixable only by denoising? OK, thanks - I'll
> explore
> Darktable's abilities in this area; I'm rather displeased with the
> way I was
> able to cure the problem using LR 5.7.1 (well, still not being "LR-
> wizard")
> - that's why I was looking for the software which do import, after
> which
> there's no need to deal with that red noise. Maybe they ware right
> that presently only Canon's DPP does it 100% properly.

I doubt it. But Canon DPP is certainly quite tuned for .CR2 :) But on
the other hand Canon DPP is a toy compare to darktable.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B