Martin,

I'm not a Darktable developer but I do subscribe to the mailing list
and see how often people bring up the idea of a Windows port on this
list.
I'm sure the developers are tired of dealing with this so let me share
with you my understanding if this and their frustration.

Surely in your search for a solution you would have read this blog
post: http://www.darktable.org/2015/07/why-dont-you-provide-a-windows-build/
If you read it carefully you will see that the challenge of compiling
Darktable on Windows is not what is preventing an official port. It is
the ongoing testing and support the developers will feel forced to
provide that prevents this. None of the core developers have a
personal need for this port and the Darktable project, as a
non-commercial piece of software, is driven by the personal needs of
its developers.

If you are serious about wanting a Windows Darktable port you need to
demonstrate to the core developers that you are reliable and committed
to the Darktable project. I see two ways of doing so:
1. Become a Darktable developer. This means not simply for the Windows
port but develop features and fix existing bugs. Once you are a
reliable contributor that is trusted then the core developers may be
open to an official port for which you will be responsible for testing
and maintaining.
2. Create a fork as you mentioned with its own webpage and issue
tracker. Show commitment to not just providing a fork or build
instructions but to providing ongoing maintenance and support to a
fork that tracks the official Darktable repository. Given time the
core developers may feel fit to merge the two projects should you
still be open to that.

Good luck!

On 3 January 2017 at 14:10, Martin Pecka <pe...@seznam.cz> wrote:
> I wasn't sure if it was irony or not, but now I am... And I'm sad, because
> I've brought a completely new viewpoint in the Windows-Darktable problem.
>
> Why not take this in a constructive way? Should we (Windows users) create a
> fork of DT with its own webpage and issue tracker?

Joel Brunetti