Tobias Ellinghaus <m...@houz.org> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2017, 11:39:30 CEST schrieb Dan Torop:

[...]

>> I will be able to get to this again in early July. Is that soon enough to
>> make its way into 2.4.0? Additional improvement would be slightly better
>> quality zoomed-in rendering in darkroom view, and faster initial rendering
>> of the preview when loading a new image.
>
> I'd say that is well withing the time frame – provided it's not too invasive.

That is great. Should be a tweak to the Bayer downscale code (making
start/endpoints of sample right), bringing that work to X-Trans, and then SSE
variants.

[...]

> Ack, IMO Wayland is still to be considered experimental and not a top
> priority
> to fix.

Indeed. And it seems that Nvidia proprietary drivers and Wayland don't interact
well (something about EGLStreams vs. GBM). In which case, Nvidia GPU users may
not be deep into Wayland...

[...]