Germano Massullo <germano.massu...@gmail.com> writes:

> Il 21/06/2017 17:43, Tobias Ellinghaus ha scritto
>>> I've also been working on Wayland support
>>> (https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/11535). This is mostly done, but
>>> isn't worth enabling until GTK+ >= 3.22.16 makes its way into
>>> distributions. Wayland support doesn't seem to me to be critical for 2.4.0.
>> Ack, IMO Wayland is still to be considered experimental and not a top
>> priority
>> to fix.
> No intention of being pushy, but for information completeness, on Fedora
> Workstation Wayland is the default graphic server

Interesting... The code in git master should work with Wayland due to PR 1453,
which requests GDK to use the XWayland compatibility layer as a backend in
preference to Wayland. The continued work on bug 11535 should allow GTK/GDK to
use the straight Wayland backend.

Wayland has exposed some quirks in darktable's UI code which X11 is too
tolerant to notice. One might argue this is circular reasoning, and as these
are problems only in the eyes of the Wayland display server.

[...]