Am 13.10.2017 um 02:12 schrieb Jonathan Richards:
> On 12/10/17 22:57, Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, 12. Oktober 2017, 17:24:30 CEST schrieb Marcello Mamino:
>>> I can reproduce the bug on Debian stable, under Xfce, master branch
>>> just compiled, every setting default. The steps to follow are
>>> *exactly* these
>>>
>>> 1. Open the "export selected" tab
>>> 2. Click in the "max size" filed.
>>> 3. Slowly move the pointer *downwards*
>>> 4. As soon as the pointer reaches the "allow upscaling" label just
>>> below, the input field loses focus
>>> 5. Hover on a image, press a number, and the star rating changes
> Ah, yes.  This behaviour is identical on the KDE build that I reported
> above.  I did not move the cursor downward before.
> Jonathan
>> We are aware of this and know why it's happening. We are not sure how to
>> proceed with this though, as grabbing the focus itself is intended (so you
>> can
>> use the arrow keys to change the dropdowns and sliders), but the implication
>> is unwanted. So we have to decide what eggs to break and what omelette to
>> make. Or something like that. :-)
> What about a confirmation dialog before DT changes the star rating on a
> large number of selected images?  Or an undo stack that remembers star
> ratings and can restore them after a mistaken commit?  Alexander's
> original report was about losing many decisions on star rating, after all.

I'd indeed also wish if ratings (such as star ratings, reject, or
similar) were undo-able, because every once in a while the mouse pointer
hovers over the film strip in darktable mode, and I press r, not having
noticed the mouse went down from the main image, and I accidentally
reject a different image...

(And I've stopped using Wayland/Mir stuff because they'd sometimes let
an event such as a mouse click get noticed by one popup and the
underlying control at the same time, which I do not see when using Xorg).