Hello Alan,

Images that printed more-orless fine under 2.2.x (see comments below
> though),
> came out with a deep green cast under 2.4.0-rc1. I haven't have a chance
> yet to try rc2.

This has nothing to do with dt. I had the same issue, I tried to understand
what's wrong but to me this is a gutenprint or CUPS issue.

I have the same issue while printing with GIMP for example.

To make sure it wasn't a CUPS driver change, I printed from GIMP, which
> produced a normal looking output.

Hum... So that's another issue than mine. But I doubt a difference color
matrix could be applied. The print module just export the picture as it
will be done by the export module using the picture history. I really do
suspect something has changed on the CUPS or gutenprint chain, my issue
appeared after updates on this.

Is it possible that the color matrix of an image opened earlier could be
> stored and used by the print module for a completely different image?
>
> --
>
> I might mention also, that under version 2.2.x, when I went from editing
> in Darkroom directly to the print module, it almost always let out the
> latest edit changes.  I learned to leave Darkroom to Lighttable, select
> a different image, then change the selection back to the original image
> and then the print module would include all the edit changes.
>
> I apologize for not having a code fix, or even figuring out exactly
> what is going on with the printing.  I'm hoping this might ring a bell
> with someone already familiar with the module.

Anyway, it is too late for 2.4 initial release. I plan on adding support
for turboprint which give very good result and has color profile for many
papers and printers. This will bring the best print experience on Linux.

Cheers,

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://photos.obry.net
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B