Issue: Darktable is not automatically recognizing lens and correcting.
Further, DT doesn't show a list of possible lenses to choose from which is
desirable when using a manual non-CPU lens.

Behavior:
1) each time an image is selected, DT shows (screenshot)

2) when I click the down-triangle to the right of the lens, it immediately
finds the correct lens (but still doesn't show me a list of all lenses like
DT older versions used to do) (screenshot).

3) then when I select the choice given, it fills out corrections:

4) BUT, if I select a different image and then come back to this one, it no
longer remembers the lens which I had selected and the entire process must
be manually repeated. Of course, if I close DT, then reopen, it doesn't
remember either.

5) Never does it give me an option to view a list of all available lens
choices.

camera: I'm using a Nikon D5600 in RAW mode with one of three lens: Nikkor
18-55mm, Nikkor 55-200mm, legacy (non-CPU) Nikkor 135mm.

Darktable v2.4.2
Lensfun 0.3.2
OS: Ubuntu 16.04

EXIF data:
$ exiftool 0DA_1754.NEF | grep Lens
Lens Type                       : G VR
Lens                            : 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Lens Data Version               : 0204
Lens ID Number                  : 162
Lens F Stops                    : 5.33
Lens ID                         : AF-S DX VR Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II
Lens                            : 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR

$ exiftool 0DA_1758.NEF | grep Lens
Lens Type                       : G
Lens                            : 55-200mm f/4-5.6
Lens Data Version               : 0204
Lens ID Number                  : 137
Lens F Stops                    : 5.00
Lens ID                         : AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
Lens                            : 55-200mm f/4-5.6 G

I've updated the .xmp lensfun data to exactly match above entries but to
no avail re this issue.