heya,

this seems a bit hard to diagnose from here.. did you try to reproduce
the exact sql query in the command line interface ( "sqlite3" ) ? you
can see whatever dt does using "darktable -d sql". also did you start
that from a clean database? for debugging, it may be helpful to backup
your ~/.config/darktable/darktabledb and maybe even only run darktable
--library /tmp/your-debugging.db on a one-time-use database so you're
sure you didn't destroy it in the last run already.

hope that helps,
 jo