Le 12/09/2018 à 12:59, rawfiner a écrit :

> Hi Aurélien
>
> Fist, thank you for showing me this interesting video.
> I just compiled your branch.
>
> My first question is, is it possible to find shift power slope values
> that reproduce the result we had before with linear and gamma?
> If yes, I think you should compute the new parameters values from the
> old ones.
> You can take a look at function "legacy_param" in denoiseprofile.c to
> see an example.
> If that is not possible, we could imagine to have a "mode" selector in
> the GUI to switch between "linear and gamma" and "shift power slope".
It is not and I will re-integrate the legacy code as soon as I fix some
problems. I will definitely add the legacy_param().

> Considering opencl, I cannot help you here as I have never coded in
> opencl and I do not have a GPU.
> Yet, even without opencl, code seems already quite fast.
Actually, I even wonder if OpenCL is relevant for this as it's a linear
operation performed on only one pixel at the time over the flatten
array. I wouldn't be surprised if the OpenCL version were slower on some
systems than a good SSE2 version.

> Considering the code itself, my only remarks are for this line:
>       for(size_t k = 1; k < (size_t)ch * roi_out->width *
> roi_out->height; k++)
> First, is there a reason why you are using a size_t type? int or
> unsigned would be fine I think, and you wouldn't need a cast.
I took that line from the exposure.c IOP. I think size_t is an explicit
array index type so the compiler can do cleverer things with it than
just a regular int.
> Second, in C, array indexes start at 0, so the red value of the pixel
> at the top left corner is not processed by your loop (you can see it
> on exported image)
> So I guess you want the for loop to be:
>      for(unsigned k = 0; k < ch * roi_out->width * roi_out->height; k++)
That's a copy/paste error from another loop I removed since then.

> I know that C is hard to learn, so congratulations Aurélien! :-)
Thanks ! I have posted the first results :
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/solving-dynamic-range-problems-in-a-linear-way/9006