On Friday, 2 November 2018 05:05:51 CET August Schwerdfeger wrote:
> Darktable 2.4.3 and .4, MacOS and Fedora.
>
> When using Darktable on a 4K monitor, I am experiencing a UI lag that seems
> dependent on the size of the application window.
>
> For example, when I size the window with dimensions that are half those of
> the screen, the image highlight in the light table follows my mouse pointer
> with no noticeable lag. Resizing to three-quarters of the screen dimensions
> introduces a delay of about half a second between the time the pointer
> moves and the time the highlight changes. Resizing to full screen increases
> this lag to about a second.
>
> Does anyone know what is causing this?

Yes, the lighttable code isn't as good as it could be :-)

See https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/10764

It probably need a rewrite but I have no clue about GTK. If someone knows GTK
I'm happy to do some pair-programming to fix it.

        Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                 a...@cryptomilk.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D