Of course lost authors and code-rot can be a problem. But i think if anyone creates a IOP-modul with general interest it will find the way to the DT-codebase and will maintained from the DT-crew.

My idea is to create github-project for the the SDK. And anyone who has interest in developing a custom modul can fork it and publish all his work on github.

A SDK would be a big help for experiments with IOP-modules. Yes there is the useless-IOP as an example, but it is only a minimal example. The documentation of the internals of IOPs and pixel-pipeline is very poor.

And yes, i miss some things:

A 3D-CLUT-Modul like RT for finishing/effects. I should exist near the end of the pixel-pipeline where the pipeline works in RGB-colorspace. There was a try for this, but in my opinion it existed at a wrong place in the pixel-pipeline. And the DT-crew denied the integration in favor to the new color-look-up-table for color-correction.

A modul with RGB-Curves.

And the RT-Noise-removal

Jan