Hi,

Am Montag, 12. November 2018 schrieb Michael Mayer:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:54 AM, Heiko Bauke <heiko.ba...@mail.de> wrote:
> > although I never investigated these compatibility issues I suspect one
> > cannot expect much compatibility here. Different raw converters may work
> > very differently internally. In particular closed source programs are a
> > black box.
>
> Could in fact be a worthwhile project for a weekend to compare the
> quality / results of different converters.
>
> Most of the time I only use standard adjustments like levels, exposure
> or lens correction. Would be strange if the results for these were
> largely different...

recently I observed significant differences comparing in-camera lens correction
and the lens correction in darktable. Both corrections looked reasonable and I
could not decide which was better. But in direct comparison there was a clear
difference.

Regarding different raw converters one might observe similar issues.

Heiko

--
-- Number Crunch Blog @ https://www.numbercrunch.de
--  Cluster Computing @ https://www.clustercomputing.de