Hello Heiko,

> Looking at the code of the current unsharp mask method I realized that
> the module uses its own implementation of a gaussian blur filter.  Is
> there any reason not to employ the one in src/common/gaussian.[ch]?  Are
> there any concerns against simplifying the sharpening module's
> implementation and just calling the functions from
> src/common/gaussian.[ch]?

I think this is the right way; Aurélien did notice lot of code
duplication while working on the GUI redesign.

We just need to be sure that the algorithm in src/common/gaussian.[ch]
is equivalent to the one in gaussian.[ch].

> The deconvolution method also needs to apply gaussian blur kernels and I
> would prefer to use the ones in src/common/gaussian.[ch] only.

Let's go with that if we are sure the algo are equivalent. Code
duplication is not good in the long run.

Thanks,

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B