Le dimanche 19 mai 2019 à 14:40 +0200, parafin a écrit :
> On Sun, 19 May 2019 13:34:54 +0200
> Pascal Obry <pas...@obry.net> wrote:
>
> > And let me add that there is no Roboto issue at all.
> >
> > 1. the default theme does not use it
> >
> > 2. the elegant theme use it as first proposal but there is many other
> > fallbacks. If none found the system font will be picked.
> >
> > 3. fact is that Gtk has a but and select either Roboto if found and if
> > not the system font. The fallback are not propoerly checked. This bug
> > has been fixed and will be in next minor release IIRC.
>
> What bug? I don't quite get this point

On elegant we have:

    font-family: "Roboto Light", "Segoe UI Light",
                 "SF Pro Display Light", "Ubuntu Light",
                 "Cantarell", sans-serif;

And current Gtk look for Roboto and if not found just default to system
font. The fallback are not looked at all.

That's why we have all those report. That's why we have elegant whereas
the default theme should have never been created if there was no bug.

> And you still haven't answered how custom user themes would work. Or is
> there no plan to support custom themes and we will only allow themes
> included with dt itself? That seems to unnecessary limit usefulness of
> the whole theming refactoring IMHO.

Of course we can support other themes. People will certainly provide
some new CSS for dt and some font packages could be required to be
installed. If you don't (can't) install it, just use the standard
theme. If you want to use a new theme install whatever the developer
will ask for best experience.

I'm sorry but I don' see any issues here.

We are not talking about dt being unusable, the default theme is safe
and should work for everyone.

Maybe I'm missing something?

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B