Hi,

quick question: what do RBG color values actually represent in darktable just after basecurve module? For simplicity, let us assume "input color profile" is standard color matrix with Rect2020-RGB as working profile (In case that this is of any relevance.).

Backgroud of my question: The hazeremoval module (implicitly) assumes that numerical RGB values are proportional to physical intensityies, i.e., RGB values are from a linear color space. I was not aware of the distinction between linear RGB and gamma-corrected RGB values, when I implemented the hazeremoval module. Possibly, a gamma correction should be taken into account in the hazeremoval module to reduce color artifacts.

Heiko

--
-- Number Crunch Blog @ https://www.numbercrunch.de
--  Cluster Computing @ https://www.clustercomputing.de