@julian

Collapsing the histogram is also part of my bucket of features I would like
to implement soon enough.
I see that I'm not the only one often bored by the space it takes, even on
a 24 inches display.

I think it could be associated with a key shortcut as one still often have
to look at it to control what he's doing.

And at some other times I would like to be able to enlarge it as Giuseppe
suggests for any module.

I keep in mind your inputs regarding this when I'll be able to take some
time on it.