On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 15:43:10 +1000, Pascal Obry <pas...@obry.net> wrote:

Le jeudi 05 septembre 2019 à 10:25 +1000, Terry Duell a écrit :
Hello,
I regularly build dt on Fedora 30 from the git master.
About a week ago I had a build error because my version of jasonschema was
not 3.0.1, so I installed v3.0.1 and all was well.
A few days later Fedora updates provided v3.0.2, and as a result I had
another build error because v3.0.1 could not be found.
Is it necessary to explicitly specify the version required rather than
specify (say) v3.0.1 or later?

I suppose you just have to delete the build directory and start the
build again from scratch.

I don't think that's the issue. I build an rpm using rpmbuild and the spec file generates a new build dir. My question relates to version 3.0.2 being provided by Fedora, and dt currently ONLY accepting version 3.0.1 or at least that's the way it appears.
Is it not possible for dt to accept version 3.0.1 or later versions?
If this was possible it would avert having to check every Fedora update to ensure that I didn't unwittingly get a later version that will cause a build error, and then having to downgrade to the version dt accepts.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell