On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:20:43 PM CEST Michael Gauland wrote:
> I'm building on a Debian "Buster" system, which uses exiv2 version
> 0.25.  I have installed a newer version of exiv2, to take advantage of
> its ability to identify lenses in a ~/.exiv2 file.
>
> When I build darktable, it uses the system exiv2 from /usr, instead of
> the newer version in /usr/local.

That /usr/local is searched before /usr depends on the configuration for your
ldconfig normally.

For building you need to point cmake to the right location, see e.g. cmake -L
or ccmake.

        Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                 a...@cryptomilk.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D