Hi,

1. Vibrance is supposed to be *{ RGB } = Y + saturation * ( { RGB } - Y
)^vibrance*, where Y is the luminance channel from XYZ space, and { RGB
} a pixel vector. This way, you perform both operations at once. Also,
using (R + G + B) / 3 instead of Y is generally not a good idea since it
has no perceptual background (R = G = B values does not equal visual
grey in every RGB space, RGB is just a random vector space until a
proper profile is applied).

2. The basic adjustments module is a double edged sword : yes, it's nice
to have a unified *UI* to quickely set-up pictures, but it's not just an
UI, it's also an image operation that gathers at once several operations
that need to be done at different places of the pixel pipe to get proper
results :

  * exposure is a scene-referred operations that needs to be done
    preferable before input coulour profile, since input matrices are
    optimized approximations for mid-tones and skin-tones, in order to
    put the RGB values in this sweet spot before applying the profile
  * saturation needs to happen after the input matrice, when the Y
    channel is defined (actually, input matrices only profile the
    conversion from camera RGB to XYZ),
  * contrast needs to happen after any frequency filter.

TL;DR the model/view/controller architecture got violated here.

Cheers,

Aurélien.