Hi,

presets are just that : presets. It's hard to have them truly universal.
If you like other presets better, just save them.

Filmic RGB uses a different spline interpolation method that behaves
differently, closer to the densitometric curves of actual film emulsion.
But the previous presets don't make sense now.

All the current presets put the middle-grey… in the middle of the
dynamic range. You will find that it's how the interpolation behaves
better, and it only make sense if you think about it. If you find you
image is blown-out (is it really though, or did you just lose local
contrast in highlights… which is the goal ?), you can use the dynamic
range scaling setting, to quickly and symmetrically give a safety margin
to the black and white points.

Cheers,

Aurélien.