Hi,

filmic RGB works in a native RGB space, while the previous filmic worked
in a native Lab space and did the RGB conversion internally.

The difference is in the blending and masking options : old filmic had
(non-linear) Lab blending parameters, while filmic RGB has (linear) RGB
blending parameters. Also, the old filmic used a fixed ProPhoto RGB
space, while the new uses the user-defined RGB working space.

I put "RGB" in the name because many users asked me which modules work
in RGB and which work in Lab, and there is no way to differenciate them
in UI.

Cheers,

Aurélien.