Hi there,

I have been using Darktable 3.0 for a while – and thank you for your great work. Darktable has some nice new features that I really enjoy.

However, there is one feature that I find a bit annoying, it has to do with (implicit) discard of history.

Example:

1. I have a photo with say 20 edits in the history.
2. The last thing I have done was to play with a module, lets say Tone
   Curve, but decided against it. I therefore click on entry 19 in the
   history, and I get the photo before me playing around.
3. I leave the photo for a while and then come back to it. (Actually
   not necessary for anything else than demonstrating my poor memory :-D ).
4. When I come back to it, I decide to add a bit of noise filtering (a
   step I often add in the end because it is heavy on the processing).
   When I enable the de-noise filter, the whole image change lighting –
   and it takes me a second or two to realise that it is because the
   entry no. 20 (the reverted Tone curve edit) has not been discarded,
   but instead the history has been fast-forwarded and the de-noise has
   been added as entry 21.

In this scenario, I am used to edit no. 20 being discarded, and the de-noise filter just applied on the image "as is".

I see there has been some changes in the history section (in the visual appearance, at least), the questions are:

 * Is this intentional?
 * If no, can we revert to the original behaviour?
 * If yes, can we have an option to revert it? (Sorry).

Thank you, once again, for your amazing work.

BR
Jørn