Hi Martin,

Great timing. We have just discussed about unit tests 6 days ago and
decided for cmocka as well. There is a test integration here:

https://github.com/cryptomilk/darktable/tree/master-cmocka?files=1

We came to cmocka because I realized that I might break a lot of things
when I try to fix the current bug I'm looking at and the cmocka maintainer
is a dt dev too.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and personally would be very happy to have
unit tests (and later CI as well).  I did not analyze your patch in detail
but I wonder how you detect the units that need testing. Do you use sort of
a C code coverage analyzer?

Kinds regards
David

PS, if you want to reach some devs check out freenode #darktable. You could
use matrix servers for accessing IRC, then it behaves more modern (as if
you were having a bouncer).