The required +1 EV exposure boost is now applied automatically in
exposure module for new edits if you choose the scene-linear workflow in
preferences -> processing -> auto-apply pixel workflow default.

Filmic v4 imposes 18% scene to be remapped to 18% display no matter
what, resulting in preservation of overall brightness through the
process. Previous Filmic v3 remapped 9% scene to 18% display to better
match OOC JPEG, which creates problems with the curve (contrast
behaviour degrades if grey is not more or less centered on the graph).

Current v4 behaviour is to slide the image dynamic range along the
luminance axis with exposure module, to anchor scene grey to display
grey. Once this is done, filmic compresses the bounds of the dynamic
range by rolling *around* the grey value, used as a reference, and
therefore preserving the overall brightness of the image. This makes the
transform more predictable and remove the scene grey param in GUI, which
has confused too many users.

See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leZVK2s68QA

Cheers,

Aurélien.