Il 14/08/20 20:37, Dusenberg ha scritto:
> Thanks for the prompt reply Andreas.
> What a pain, I use local laplacian a lot. The github threads say the
> AMDGPU-PRO drivers don't have this problem, so I'm wondering if I
> should replace the open source amdgpu driver with the PRO version as a
> workaround for the time being. Do you know if this is a realistic
> option for a non-dev user?

I everyday use amdgpu drivers, but when I use darktable, I use the
proprietary amdgpu-pro OpenCL drivers. Here is my procedure:

Just download the drivers for the distro that is more similar to yours
(example, RPM or Deb packages).
The example will follow RPM architecture, but for Debs the procedure is
almost the same.
Unpack the tar.xz file in a folder let's call it
/home/user/unpacked
After that, you will have folder
/home/user/unpacked/amdgpu-pro
that contains subfolders
amdgpu-pro-install  repodata  RPMS  SRPMS
go in RPMS and take all RPM files that are in subfolder
/home/user/unpacked/amdgpu-pro/x86_64
and put them together someelsewhere, for example
/home/user/amd_opencl
then unpack them all.
You will get
/home/user/amd_opencl/etc/
/home/user/amd_opencl/lib/
/home/user/amd_opencl/opt/
/home/user/amd_opencl/usr/

Then to run darktable
OPENCL_VENDOR_PATH=/home/user/amd_opencl/etc/OpenCL/vendors/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/amd_opencl/opt/amdgpu-pro/lib64/ darktable