Hello devs,

The 3.2.1 release is now out since almost a week. Some issues have been
discovered which is somewhat expected. The release schedule was tight
and did not allow for publishing RCs. Anyway, all the issues are being
worked on and will be in 3.4.

I do not expect to release a 3.2.2 as the code freeze for 3.4 is about
3 months from now and I don't want more pressure during this period.

My dream for 3.4 is to update the user's manual. Yes, we all love
coding and we do forget the user manual. I have created lot of issues
for sections to be updated, if you are a dev and have been working on
one part which misses documentation, please assign the issue to you. I
have already assigned 3 doc issues to me.

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22scope%3A+usermanual%22

The next part for 3.4 will be performance oriented. We have many PR
opened already to improve the perfs of different parts of darktable.
This work has been started by Ralf Brown and we have currently around 6
PRs. I also know that Aurélien Pierre is working on the OpenCL part of
FilmicV4.

Also, now that we have some integration tests (22 at the moment) do not
hesitate to run them when change the code in dt to avoid regressions.
This is especially important if the changes are touching de develop/*
and/or iop/* files.

If you have PR waiting to be integrated, please to not hesitate to send
a status update of this PR. Checking that it is still compiling and
maybe rebasing it on top of current master if needed.

So, 3.4 is shaping as a perfs oriented release. Probably not much new
features which is good to stabilize the current code base.

Have a nice week-end!

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B