Am 29.08.20 um 14:15 schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
builds fine for me but your process is different.

git clone git://github.com/darktable-org/darktable.git
cd darktable
git submodule init ;git submodule update
./build.sh --enable-opencl --install --build-type RelWithDebInfo \
--prefix  ~/darktable_repos/

then I occassionally update:
   git pull --rebase --recurse-submodules
and if new exists, build again

occassionally requires "rm -rf ./build"

or "rm -rf ../darktable"
and begin again with "clone"

openSUSE Tumbleweed
Building the application is not the problem. Works fine, even under Ubuntu 20.04. Building the *manual *is the problem. Obviously avalon-framework is missing after OS upgrade. Actually I'm looking how to install the missing framework, up to now without success.