macOS 10.7 is the oldest supported version, as stated here:
https://www.darktable.org/install/#macos
or here:
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/packaging/macosx/BUILD.txt
Well, when I say supported, I just mean that it should work, I'm not
sure if it actually works on anything but 10.14 and 10.15.

On the other hand dt doesn't work with the latest macOS 11.0 Beta:
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/5878