I am auser of Darktable from git. It is installed under Linux Mint  20
Cinnamon. One of my machines had a problem and  I reinstalled the system.
Everything is working fine except Dartable. As far as I can see both
machines are configured equally, with the same libraries installed and
updated to the same version, yet in my Lenovo All In One desktop, the git
installation always fails with the same error message:

[  4%] Built target locales
> [  4%] Built target lautoc
> [  4%] Checking validity of data/darktableconfig.xml
> [  4%] Built target validate_darktableconfig_xml
> [  4%] Built target generate_conf
> [  4%] Built target generate_preferences
> [  4%] Built target validate-cameras.xml
> [ 15%] Built target rawspeed
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/usr/local/lib/libtiff.so', needed by
> 'src/libdarktable.so'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2282:
> src/CMakeFiles/lib_darktable.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

Please excuse if this is not right place to ask. I have been using the Git
instalation for over 6 years, It triky but I have been able to make it
worl. Usually under Ubuntu Linux. I recently switched to Mint, but prior
the reinstallation mentioned above, it was working great.
¿Can anybody help?

Many thanks.

*Carlos Sevcik, *