Hello, Nicolas!

Thanks for responding. I have added issue #7804 to github. It includes
screenshots that illustrate the issue well, I think.

Perhaps the solution is to change the theme I am using. I will look into that.

Doug Chamberlin (greymont)

---- On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 17:20:26 -0500 Nicolas Auffray
<nicolas.auff...@zaclys.net> wrote ----

Hi,

So it seems you didn't see my answer. So I post it here again and
      please put screenshots of what you describe (and instead of using
      that mailing list, please post an issue in github with precise
      behavior you don't like and don't ignore that users could like and
      see actual behavior ok, even if you don't like it, in the way of
      describing the issue).

My answer was made the 6th:

"Hello (better to begin a mail with something like that),

What you describe is strange and not what is set (that's my
      work), so please could you post a screenshot?

Size is reduced only when hovering stars to show by the movement
      which ones you will select but when the cursor is not hover, stars
      are exactly same size and are empty if not rated and fully grey
      when rated. It's clear and normal. So if you have small one when
      the cursor is not hover, it's really strange and you're the first
      to post that. And stars are like they are since at least darktable
      3.0. I have made only minor changes (but not on size) for 3.2.1
      and nothing for 3.4.

Most of the things in the UI is made with CSS, but your issue is
      not the normal behavior.

Best regards

Nicolas Auffray (Nilvus)"

On what you precise, I understand that the border effect that
        annoy you. You precise it well Sébastien. Thanks for that. Why
        not change that but so, only a github issue will help to follow
        and propose a better way. So please post the issue in Github.
        Thanks.