* susana gastelumendi <susana_gastelume...@hotmail.com> [02-22-21 09:58]:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On the Light table, at the left, I can chose pictures or folders. I always
> imported folder.
> When I import a folder, it opens, but the pictures are not. And at that time,
> 2 files LOCK ARE CREATED: data.db.lock and library.db.lock. And I can´t open
> Darktable. I delete that files. and the same story....
> I don´t understand and know, what is the problem.
>
> I don´t have "ALL" .
>
> Thank you
>
> Susana Gastelumendi Vilaboa

you must remember that non of us can see your computer screen and can only
guess or advise on the description and information you provide.  and when
you answer a question without any indication what the question is, we are
just guessing what you are saying.

the two included screenshots mean nothing to me and I do not understand
the language.

you should only need "import" for folder/directory or file for new images
or images that you have moved to a new location not using darktable to do
the move.

in the "preferences" below the import option line there is an option
"initial rating" which indicates the number of "stars" to initially rate
each image on import, 0-5 stars.  if you have this set to a number, that
rating will be applied to each image you import.

above the lighttable there is a drop-down option "view" which determines
which rated images will be displayed.  SET IT TO "all".

does this make you images appear?

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode