I believe this is the right approach: darktable will never change the raw
file but you might want to change the date taken exif information. So you
might spend huge amount of work with darktable to correct the exif data and
expect this to have a permanent effect. Now imagine you open the raw data
with another program, then your tuning of date taken exif information does
not show up. So it looks like you've lost the work. You will realize that
you might have intended to change the exif in the image, not the sidecar
information.

Peter Harde <peter.harde.pri...@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 13. Nov. 2021,
16:07: