On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 14:27:22 -0700
David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am fighting with a tagging problem ...
>
>I have tags that have a structure like this:
>countryA|townB
>countryA|townB|item1
>countryA|townB|item2
>some of these lists are quite long:
>
>When I search for the basic countryA|townB (without an item) the
>list is rearranged to put countryA|townB|item1 at the top of the
>list and wants to insert the incorrect tag.
>
>Is there a solution to this?

I've had exactly the same problem and I wish that the tags were
sorted alphabetically.

Now, I select the image or images, use Ctrl-T (the box of the tags
shows up toward the bottom of the screen) and start typing
(incremental search of the tags) and then I use the up or down arrow
to select. Then do not forget to press the Return key one more time
to assign the tag.

--
sknahT

vyS