Thanks.

But I'm having difficulties with this. I'm trying to use the exposure
module to give a negative exposure compensation within the range selected
by the mask.
The first difficulty i'm have is that the RGB values given by the colour
picker in the left pane (54, 59, 55) differ greatly from the values shown
by the colour picker tool for the parameteric mask in the exposure module
(9.0, 9.7, 9.1). Why are these different? Should I just ignore the colour
pick from the left pane?