I switched to Linux because of darktable 3 years ago.

I have been playing with Linux on a separate PC the years before so had some beginners expirience - but I am still far away from admin qualities. I used Debian from 2008 onwards and Fedora from 2012 (Debian had some freezes of the desktop on the changed Hardware on that PC).

For my desktop working PCs I decided to use Cinnamon Desktop and so naturally I tried Linux Mint. I'm happy with that - everything I needed to works fine, startup and install from a live DVD. I use LM17 which is a LTS version and thinking of upgrading to LM18 which is also LTS because of a GPS prog.

Newest Version of dt is available thanks to Pascal and his PPA.

--

regards
Bernhard

http://www.bilddateien.de